Pasta with Baby Broccoli and Sausage
Serves 4 to 6
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
4 garlic cloves, minced
Pinch red pepper flakes
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 bunch baby broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1 pound orecchiette pasta, cooked 3 minutes short of al dente, saving some of the pasta water
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat and cook the sausage until it is no longer pink. Remove from the skillet, and add the remaining oil.
2. Saute the garlic, red pepper flakes, zest and broccoli, until the broccoli begins to soften. Add the broth and lemon juice, and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the sausage back to the skillet, taste for seasoning, and adjust using salt and pepper if needed.
4. When the pasta is cooked, add it to the skillet, and toss to coat the pasta.
5. Add 1/2 of the cheese, and toss again. Add some pasta water if the sauce isn’t creamy enough.
6. Serve the pasta garnished with the remaining cheese.
Learn more about Baby Broccoli Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips