Specialty Produce is a family owned and operated food service and retail fresh produce supplier. A premium provider for more than thirty years, Specialty Produce continues to be a leader in service, product quality and technology.
- Specialty Produce is an organic (CCOF) & food safety (HACCP) certified facility.
- We only buy products from first-tier approved vendors.
- We carry a wide array of products encompassing all our customers’ needs.
- Our strategically located warehouse allows us to service customers throughout the greater San Diego area.
- Food safety is our focus and is paramount in our daily operations, administered by a full-time food safety manager. Robert Romaine, a twenty-seven year veteran of San Diego environmental health, is our revered Food Safety Consultant.
- Pricing is negotiated via contract models for each vendor.
The Service Team
The Specialty Produce team includes more than one hundred enthusiastic and dedicated employees.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our hard working team provides same day delivery and just-in-time orders.
- The only provider with 24-7 availability, our in-house servers constantly receive specific customer orders, inventory, marketing information and pricing and immediately notify the customer’s sales representative and drivers using wireless technology.
- This competitive advantage has made Specialty Produce a leader in service and dependability.
Specialty Produce strives to:
- Build long term relationships with our valued customers, employees, suppliers, associates and our community.
- Listen and respond to our customers’ needs whether simple or complex.
- Understand, anticipate and be flexible in order to provide quality products and high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a comprehensive, convenient, & user-friendly online presence; both for the casual visitor and our customers who want to leverage our system to their advantage.
Our aim is consistent and courteous excellence in service.
Specialty Produce is proud to work with several non-profit organizations within the community, including:
Specialty Produce also hosts Fruit of the Soul, an annual fundraiser to support the preservation of music, art & sustainable education in San Diego. Artists, musicians, and more than thirty of San Diego’s best restaurants come together one night a year to showcase their talents to support others. We have raised a total of $38,000 in the past three years! The Third Annual Fruit of the Soul was held on September 6th, 2008 in support of the Monarch School and A Reason To Survive (ARTS). If you would like more information, please visit our website or email [email protected].