Tango Tangerine Granita
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbs. finely chopped tangerine zest
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups fresh tangerine juice, with pulp
1. In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar, zest, a pinch of salt, and water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is clear, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Stir the juice and syrup together; pour into a small metal pan, such as a loaf pan, cover with plastic, and freeze for 2 hours.
4. Stir the mixture with a fork, breaking up the portions that have become solid, and return to the freezer. Stir every 30 minutes until the mixture is evenly icy and granular, about 2 hours more.
5. Cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve. To serve, scrape with a spoon to loosen the mixture, and spoon into small bowls or glasses.
Learn more about Tango Tangerines Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips