Ultimate Cauliflower Gratin
This layered gratin is a great side dish for grilled meats, poultry or seafood.
One head cauliflower, cut into small florets
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons green garlic, minced
4 thin slices prosciutto, cut into julienne, then finely chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups finely shredded Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Coat the inside of a 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the cauliflower in water to cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet heat the butter, and oil, and saute the garlic and prosciutto until the prosciutto begins to get crisp. Add the flour, and whisk the roux for 2 minutes. Slowly add the broth, and cream, and bring to a boil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
4. In large bowl, mash the cauliflower with 1/2 of the sauce. Lay 1/2 of the cauliflower mixture into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with half of the cheeses.
5. Top with the remaining cauliflower mixture, the remaining sauce, and the remaining cheeses.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
Learn more about Cauliflower Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips