Sierra Golds Hasselback Style
6 Sierra gold potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cool
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup finely shredded Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (optional) see note
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and coat the inside of a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Sit the potato into a large serving spoon, and slice the potatoes 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, but not all the way through (the spoon should stop your knife)
3. Repeat this procedure and put each sliced potato into the baking dish. Mix the butter and olive oil together. Brush the potatoes with half of the butter and oil mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 30 minutes, by this time the potatoes will have fanned out a bit, spoon the remaining butter/oil mixture over each potato, bake another 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the potatoes with the cheese, and bake another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
5. Remove from the oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
6. Cheesy Cook’s Note: The cheese is optional; you can sprinkle this with cheddar, Asiago, Fontina, pepper Jack, or your favorite cheese, add bacon bits if you like, or fresh herbs of your choice.
Learn more about Sierra Gold Potatoes Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips