Lemon Dill Chicken
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
6 chicken breast halves, skin and bones removed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
Grated zest of one lemon
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup finely chopped dill
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1. In a shallow plate, combine the flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Measure out 1/4 cup of flour to thicken the sauce, and dip the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, and dust off the excess.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter, and add the chicken breasts, sautéing until browned on each side. Remove the breasts from the skillet, and cover with aluminum foil.
3. Add the garlic, onion and zest to the skillet, and saute 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add 1/4 cup of the flour to the skillet, and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Pour in the chicken broth, lemon juice and dill, and bring to a boil, whisking until the sauce is smooth.
6. Add the cream, and return the chicken to the sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Season the sauce with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve the chicken and sauce over potatoes, rice, or polenta.
Learn more about Eureka Lemons Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips