Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Parmigiano
6 strips bacon, cut in half crosswise
12 pitted dates
1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cut into chunks to fit the dates
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it has rendered some fat and begins to turn translucent; don’t let it brown at all. Remove from the pan and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
2. Make a slit in each date and stuff with a small piece of cheese. Wrap the date in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick if needed. Place the wrapped dates in a baking dish.
3. Do-Ahead: At this point, you can cover and refrigerate for up to 36 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F and bake the dates until the bacon is crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, drain the dates on paper towels, and set on a platter for serving.
Learn more about Deglet Dates Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips