Strawberry Ricotta Tart
A shortbread crust, creamy orange flavored ricotta, and strawberries combine for a spectacular dessert. If you prefer, you can use a graham cracker crust.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into tiny bits
1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk ricotta
Grated zest of one cara cara orange
2 tablespoons cara cara orange juice
Strawberries, cut in half
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and coat the inside of a 9-inch pie shell with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, combine the flour, butter and sugar, pulse on and off until the mixture begins to come together.
3. Press evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until the crust is golden. Cool thoroughly.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff. Add the ricotta, zest, and orange juice. Spread the mixture into the cooled crust.
5. Arrange the strawberries over the ricotta in a decorative pattern. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
6. Serve the tart garnished with orange syrup.
Learn more about Strawberries Click HERE
Download our FREE app HERE
Diane Phillips www.dianephillips.com and www.cucinadivina.blogspot.com
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips